How to download "complete video 1 - introduction" files

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Hi,

I'm a total beginner in .net world and trying to learn asp.net mvc 4.
This is my first tutorial, I think it's great and I want to follow it through from beginng to the end.
I've just watched and followed the first module and just can't find a way to download those files from source code > history tab.

Please help.
Feb 26, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I'm also having problems getting started with OdeToFood.

I see that the (presumably) correct file to download is https://odetofoodmvc4.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/078418e322b291cb0a02ab1d73b7a1d37f6d7abc Oct 10, 2012
8:30 PM complete video 1 - introduction

But there are missing dependencies such as:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Optimization' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OdeToFood\OdeToFood\App_Start\BundleConfig.cs 2 18 OdeToFood
Error 2 The type or namespace name 'Infrastructure' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data.Entity' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OdeToFood\OdeToFood\Filters\InitializeSimpleMembershipAttribute.cs 3 26 OdeToFood
Error 3 The type or namespace name 'Optimization' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OdeToFood\OdeToFood\Global.asax.cs 7 18 OdeToFood
Error 4 The type or namespace name 'DotNetOpenAuth' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OdeToFood\OdeToFood\Controllers\AccountController.cs 8 7 OdeToFood
Error 5 The type or namespace name 'BundleCollection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OdeToFood\OdeToFood\App_Start\BundleConfig.cs 9 44 OdeToFood
Error 6 The type or namespace name 'DbContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OdeToFood\OdeToFood\Models\AccountModels.cs 11 33 OdeToFood
Error 7 The type or namespace name 'DbSet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\OdeToFood\OdeToFood\Models\AccountModels.cs 18 16 OdeToFood

I don't see how anyone could get started on this without hunting down and adding the required references. I'm using Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web.
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:02 PM
I just downloaded the source, and ran the project. I had similar errors you had. I got them fixed by going to Tools >Library Package Manager > Package Manager Settings.

Then check Allow NuGet to download missing packages during build.

Then rebuild the solution, and it should work.

Good Luck